Monday, November 13, 2006

Steppin' Out: SON CUBANO, NYC

"Come out, Come out, Wherever you are..."

(SON CUBANO photo credit: cooltownstudios)



OK, I needed a "me-time" break again. Yup, it's Mamita's time to play! P agreed to do some father-daughter bonding while I did the Latin lounge rounds late Saturday night. He even graciously offered to take S swimming the next day so I could sleep late Sunday morning.
*Muah! Danke schoen!

Son Cubano is located at the heart of the Meatpacking District. Tasty tapitas and flavorful Cuban entrees are served during the evening, with weeknight entertainment provided by a live band. A DJ takes over Friday/Saturday nights from 10-ish till 4AM to spin the latest dance mixes.

The door policy is thistight after 11 PM - so make sure to dress to impress.

Oh, the DJ was gooooood. He was playing some really cool stuff - good enough to make everyone get up and bust a move in dancefloor.
One of the highlights of my night was when he beckoned and placed me in his spot for a few minutes.

But nothing beats being on the dance floor. Worked up some serious Latin-House induced sweat with my party-animal cousin and some zany friends.
Parched? Dehydrated?
No problemo.
Their Green Apple Mojito was simply deeeevine...

LINK: http://www.soncubanonyc.com/

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 08:11:00 AM, Blogger cheH said...

I'm waiting for this day to come!Steppin' out without kiddies lol

Son Cubano looks like a great cool place to hang out!

 
At 11/18/2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Angel said...

My hubby and I both agree - one in a while we need a break from Nickelodeon, play dates, and endless 1st-grade projects to maintain our sanity. He he...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home